I'm having trouble emailing some of my instructors (EKU faculty or staff).
If you sent email to a particular faculty or staff member at EKU before this summer's upgrade to myMail, you may get an undeliverable message when you try to send them mail now.
There is a simple fix for this.
- Log in to myMail using your web browser.
- Click "New" to write a new email.
- Start typing the name or email address of the person you're having trouble sending to.
- After you've typed a few letters, myMail will try to guess the person you're sending to.
- When you see this guess or suggestion pop up, press the "del" or "delete" key on your keyboard.
- If you’re on a laptop, you may need to use a combination of an fn or function key plus another key to get the equivalent of the Del/Delete key.
- Once you've deleted the suggestion, you can type the email address in full, and myMail will not try to guess it.
- If myMail is still trying to make a suggestion, then you have not correctly deleted it. Try again.
- Once you are able to correctly address the email without myMail trying to suggest the address while you're typing, you can safely send the email.
- Once you've removed the old suggestion for a particular person you're trying to email, you will not have to do this again. Next time you can send to them as usual.
My phone used to connect to myMail, but now it won’t work.
The password your phone uses to connect to myMail has changed. The password you use on your phone is now your EKU E-key password, the same password you use to login in to myMail via the web. It is also the same password you use to access Blackboard.
- Update the password your phone is using to connect to myMail and reboot your phone. This will be your EKU E-key password, the same password you use to log into myMail or Blackboard through a web browser.
- If updating your password and rebooting your phone does not get you reconnected, you may choose to remove your myMail account from the phone, and reinstall it using the "Configure my iOS Device" or "Configure Other Mobile Device" links above. Removing your account from your phone will not delete your email.
Where's my SkyDrive?
Microsoft has detached the SkyDrive from the rest of your myMail account. You can still get to it, but you will have to use a different password to access it.
- Go to: http://skydrive.live.com
- Click on the "Can't access your account?" link beneath the login form.
- Then choose "I forgot my password" and "Reset your password."
- Provide your complete myMail email address (ie. firstname.lastname@example.org) and follow the rest of the instructions to reset your password.
- Return to http://skydrive.live.com and login using your new password.
How do I configure my computer's email program to connect to myMail?
First, you need to log in to your account at least once using this web site.